Tax and A&A Supervisor
Fulfill the corporate mission and vision by performing accounting duties in accordance with Firm values.
Duties and Expectations
A. The Internship position purpose will be achieved by effectively:
- Completing monthly accounting (receipts and disbursements) for business clients, including bank reconciliations.
- Acquiring proper documentation for client retirement plans.
- Acquiring proper documentation for client’s stock ownership, LLC membership data, capital contributions, etc.
- Generating various in-house data base reports for client workloads.
- Researching TCJA ramifications, and ensure proper use for business clients.
- Assisting Tax Staff with fiscal year-end work paper preparation.
- Assisting Business Services Staff with quarterly payroll tax filings, etc.
- Any other Tax Staff projects needed in the summer months.
- Complying with all handbook policies and operational procedures.
- Completing other projects and duties assigned by the Tax and A&A Supervisor.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service. Demonstrated use of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making. Demonstrated ability to systematically consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions; critically analyze related variables; and logically apply reasoning when selecting goals and making plans.
- Communication. Demonstrated use of communication to understand and correctly interpret information and ideas presented through non-verbal, verbal and written modes as well as to convey information and ideas professionally to individuals and groups through presentation of words, actions, and documentation.
- Technology. Demonstrated use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite software, internet and other electronic means to gather and disseminate information; communicate with colleagues and customers; construct and revise Word and Excel documents; and store and retrieve data.
- Economics and Accounting. Demonstrated use of economic and accounting principles/practices, financial analysis and succinct reporting of financial data.
- Attendance. Demonstrated ability to consistently arrive to work on time and remain focused on task throughout the day without allowing distractions to interfere with completion of work.