Fulfill the corporate mission and vision by performing In-Charge Auditor duties and fulfilling performance expectations in accordance with Firm values.
The In-Charge Auditor is expected to:
A. Maintain expert knowledge in accounting, reviews, and auditing best practices.
B. Lead assigned Audit or Review team on engagement preparation and field work.
C. Reviewer for assigned audit files and financial statements.
D. Present audit findings at client meetings.
E. Assist in training Audit and Review team.
The In-Charge Auditor position’s purpose will be achieved by effectively demonstrating:
A. Developing audit objectives, plans, and scope by reviewing available information and conducting research
B. Evaluating adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires and process walkthroughs.
C. Performing comprehensive reviews of clients' financial documents and records to ensure adherence to applicable accounting framework and compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations.
D. Analyzing financial statements, tax returns, and supporting documentation to identify potential errors, discrepancies, or opportunities.
E. Communicating audit findings and recommendations to clients in a clear and concise manner, offering solutions to address issues and improve their internal controls.
F. Following up on audit and review recommendations and determine that they have been addressed.
G. Staying up-to-date with industry trends, and best auditing and accounting practices to ensure clients' compliance, and proactively advise them on potential changes that may impact their business.
H. Maintaining detailed workpapers, records, and reports detailing audit testing and findings.
A. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, with a specialization in auditing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in auditing at a public accounting firm.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an equivalent thereof required.
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Superb organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience as an Auditor or a similar role within a public accounting firm.
- Proficiency in accounting and auditing software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service. Demonstrated use of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making. Demonstrated ability to systematically consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions; critically analyze related variables; and logically apply reasoning when selecting goals and making plans.
- Communication. Demonstrated use of communication to understand and correctly interpret information and ideas presented through non-verbal, verbal, and written modes as well as to convey information and ideas professionally to individuals and groups through presentation of words, actions, and documentation.
- Technology. Demonstrated use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite software, internet, and other electronic means to gather and disseminate information; communicate with colleagues and customers; construct and revise Word and Excel documents; and store and retrieve data.
- Economics and Accounting. Demonstrated use of economic and accounting principles/practices, financial analysis and succinct reporting of financial data.
- Attendance. Demonstrated ability to consistently arrive to work on time and remain focused on task throughout the day without allowing distractions to interfere with completion of work.
Welgaard CPAs & Advisors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and promoting diversity within our workplace. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this In-Charge Auditor position.