Business Services Supervisor
||Business Services Supervisor
||Payroll and Employee Benefits
The Business Services Supervisor is expected to:
A. Lead, manage and hold accountable people, processes and projects
B. Work with supervisors to ensure staff utilization
C. Timely completion of projects
D. Oversee support services to help departments/firm achieve goals
The Business Services Supervisor position purpose will be achieved by effectively demonstrating:
A. Ensure all department employees are a team that can provide outstanding service and value to the external clients while at the same time working well with staff.
- Is proficient in all department tasks and assists department employees, on an as-needed basis, in client work and other issues.
- Oversee day-to-day activities and goals of the department.
- Conduct and monitor coaching and evaluating department employees.
- Implement and maintain the training of the department employees with input from the Operations Manager.
- Takes part in special projects to help better delight our clients.
B. Supervision and performance of bookkeeping on basic accounting tasks utilizing client records so they are completed accurately and on-time.
- Maintain expertise in sales tax and 1099’s.
- Remain proficient in utilizing and training personnel to effectively utilize CSA, QuickBooks and Peachtree software.
- Responsible for the e-filing of the firm’s 1099’s and W-2’s.
- Periodically complete routine write up tasks to assist personnel when urgent and temporary assistance is required.
- Support payroll department when urgent and temporary assistance is required.
- Assist with client telephone calls.
C. Conduct tax and other types of research.
- Respond to Federal and State tax notices received by clients to include file research and communication with Account and Department Managers as requested.
- Resolve technical issues related to Federal and State tax reporting.
- Assist members of other departments by providing specific information about client files.
D. Proactive engagement in ongoing professional development.
- Remain updated regarding technology advances, general economic trends, political developments and legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Maintain expert knowledge, skills, and abilities in core areas by seeking out and participating in continuing education courses, seminars, and other learning opportunities.
- Review appraisal findings and collaboratively create professional development plans with the Operations Manager.
- Execute professional development plans.
- Participate in selected and designated training opportunities to ensure proficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of business services.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager in appraisal of Business Services Staff using approved procedures to identify individual strengths and areas requiring further development.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager in conducting Business Services Staff review meetings and developing individual plans promoting individual professional growth.
- Monitor personnel on an ongoing basis to facilitate execution of professional growth plans.
E. Client relationship building leadership.
- Identify, develop and systematically implement agreed upon services that enable the firm to remain on the forefront of customer service delivery.
- Collaborate with other department personnel by communicating effectively, offering expertise when requested and requesting professional input from other content experts as required.
- Remain current on “other” internal and external services offered by the firm to help clients achieve specific goals or satisfy particular needs.
- Implement firm procedures for identifying client opportunities and recommending “other” services.
F. Active engagement in continuous department improvement planning and execution.
- Participate in department action planning with other personnel as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Execute continuous department improvement plans with fidelity.
- Continuously monitor annual action plan execution and report progress to the Operations Manager.
- Actively evaluate department plans with the Operations Manager and adapt plans flexibly through daily practice and periodic meetings or work sessions.
G. Compliance with all handbook policies and operational procedures.
H. Completion of other projects and duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
A. Education and Experience
- An Associate Degree in accounting from a nationally accredited post-secondary educational institution or at least five years of experience performing specific write-up related duties.
- Experience in accounting and supervision with a career history of accurately completing work and other assignments in a timely manner.
- A current and valid PTIN with the Internal Revenue Service.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service. Demonstrated use of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making. Demonstrated ability to systematically consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions; critically analyze related variables; and logically apply reasoning when selecting goals and making plans.
- Communication. Demonstrated use of communication to understand and correctly interpret information and ideas presented through non-verbal, verbal and written modes as well as to convey information and ideas professionally to individuals and groups through presentation of words, actions, and documentation.
- Technology. Demonstrated use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite software, internet and other electronic means to gather and disseminate information; communicate with colleagues and customers; construct and revise Word and Excel documents; and store and retrieve data.
- Economics and Accounting. Demonstrated use of economic and accounting principles/practices, financial analysis and succinct reporting of financial data.
- Attendance. Demonstrated ability to consistently arrive to work on time and remain focused on task throughout the day without allowing distractions to interfere with completion of work.