Audit & Assurance Services Manager
Fulfill the firm’s mission and vision by performing Audit & Assurance Service Manager duties in accordance with Firm values.
The Audit & Assurance Services Manager purpose will be achieved by effectively demonstrating:
A. Lead, manage, and hold accountable people, processes, and projects.
B. Standards expert and training staff
C. Peer Review
D. Maintain Quality Control in all aspects of the firm
The Audit & Assurance Services Manager develops, implements, and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous compliance consistent with legal standards.
A. Engage in reviewing standards rules and regulations. Review staff work to ensure high technical integrity.
1. Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
2. Apply quality control management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
3. Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
4. Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
5. Maintain Firm Quality Control Document.
6. Lead the Firm’s Peer Review process.
B. Planning and support for completion of routine Accounting & Auditing projects and tasks.
1. Support and backup Tax Staff Supervisor and Operations Manager as needed ensuring consistent, on-time completion of projects and tasks according to processes and procedures by monitoring workflow, coaching, mentoring, re-teaching and taking corrective action when required.
2. Review financial statements ensuring accuracy, compliance, and continual improvement of Tax Staff.
3. Manage and oversee the engagement letter process.
4. Assist in developing clear, standardized processes and procedures for proficiently performing projects and tasks in the areas of Accounting and Auditing.
5. Ensure firm operations align with best practices and reporting documents comply with AICPA standards.
C. Completion of tax returns, financial statements and other more complex accounting tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
1. Regularly handles more complex, special projects.
2. Capable of performing the following duties:
a. Prepare, examine and evaluate accounting records, financial statements, and other required financial reports according to approved procedures to obtain accuracy, completeness and reporting conformance.
b. Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns according to approved procedures, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
c. Provide ongoing client support, as directed by the Department Manager, by systematically gathering information, adjusting journal entries, keeping records, examining reports, answering questions, and providing ongoing technical assistance.
d. Evaluate business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses.
e. Determine financial status of establishment according to procedures by evaluating financial and information systems to ensure transactions are recorded, compliance is revealed, systems record reliability and data is entered with integrity.
f. Prepare detailed reports on audit findings by reviewing data about material assets, liabilities, net worth, capital stock, income, and expenditures; and detecting deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and firm policies.
g. Report asset utilization and audit results to management with recommendations for operations and financial activities; and confer with Leadership about financial and regulatory matters.
D. Proactive engagement in ongoing professional development.
1. Remain updated regarding technology advances, general economic trends, political developments, and legislation that could affect the business climate.
2. Maintain expert knowledge, skills, and abilities in core areas by seeking out and participating in continuing education courses, seminars, and other learning opportunities.
3. Participate in selected and designated training opportunities to ensure proficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of compliance, business tax, accounting and auditing.
E. Professional development leadership and supervision.
1. Maintain professional, positive attitude that supports values of Firm.
2. Communicate, collaborate with and support Operation Manager, other Department Managers and Account Managers ensuring their needs are met.
3. Maintain expert knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of auditing, assurance, and tax through participation in continuing education courses, seminars. and other learning opportunities.
4. Represent the Firm through active civic and community participation.
F. Customer service initiative.
1. Identify, develop, and systematically implement agreed upon services that enable the firm to remain on the forefront of customer service delivery.
2. Collaborate with other department personnel by communicating effectively, offering expertise when requested and requesting professional input from other content experts as required.
3. Remain current on other internal and external services offered by the firm to help clients achieve specific goals or satisfy particular needs.
4. Implement firm procedures for identifying client opportunities and recommending other services.
G. Active engagement in continuous department improvement planning and execution.
1. Initiate identification and communication of issues to keep management aware of opportunities for department and/or organizational improvement.
2. Participate in department action planning with other personnel as directed by the Operations Manager.
3. Execute continuous department improvement plans with fidelity.
4. Continuously monitor annual action plan execution and report progress to the Operations Manager.
5. Actively evaluate department plans with the Operations Manager and adapt plans flexibly through daily practice and periodic meetings or work sessions.
6. Evaluate Accounting and Auditing related training needs for all levels of Firm staff.
H. Compliance with all handbook policies and operational procedures.
I. Completion of other projects and duties assigned by the Operations Manager and/or CEO.
A. Education and Experience
1. A Master’s Degree in accounting from a nationally accredited post-secondary educational institution or a bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least five years of experience.
2. Experience in accounting and auditing with a career history of accurately completing work and other assignments in a timely manner.
3. A current and valid certified public accountant license.
4. In good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Customer Service. Demonstrated use of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
2. Judgment and Decision Making. Demonstrated ability to systematically consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions; critically analyze related variables; and logically apply reasoning when selecting goals and making plans.
3. Communication. Demonstrated use of communication to understand and correctly interpret information and ideas presented through non-verbal, verbal, and written modes as well as to convey information and ideas professionally to individuals and groups through presentation of words, actions, and documentation.
4. Technology. Demonstrated use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite software, internet, and other electronic means to gather and disseminate information; communicate with colleagues and customers; construct and revise Word and Excel documents; and store and retrieve data.
5. Economics and Accounting. Demonstrated use of economic and accounting principles/practices, financial market/banking analysis and succinct reporting of financial data.
6. Attendance. Demonstrated ability to consistently arrive to work on time and remain focused on task throughout the day without allowing distractions to interfere with completion of work.