Business Services Staff
| Position Title:
|| Business Services Staff
|| Business Services Supervisor
| Primary Assignment:
|| Write-Up Duties
| Secondary Assignment:
|| Payroll and Employee Benefits
The Business Services Staff is responsible for:
A. Maintain client general ledgers and bank reconciliations
B. Interim financial statement preparation
C. Payroll and sales tax payments/filings as required
E. A/P and A/R
The Business Services Staff position purpose will be achieved by effectively demonstrating:
A. Accurate and prompt completion of basic bookkeeping accounting tasks utilizing client records.
Competently utilize firm software programs to complete client accounting and payroll
- Proficiently utilize client accounting software programs, such as QuickBooks and Peachtree, to maintain client general ledgers and complete accounting tasks.
- Verify and enter details of transactions as they occur in computerized accounting system.
- Prepare monthly financial statements using a computer software program.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly, quarterly and/or annually.
- Prepare sales, use and payroll tax reports and other miscellaneous reports such as multiple worksite and workers compensation audit reports as requested.
- Process 1099’s annually as directed.
- Conduct payroll, tax and other types of research as directed by the Department Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Assist members of other departments by providing specific information about client files as directed by the Department Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Assist with client telephone calls.
B. Proactive engagement in ongoing professional development.
Remain updated regarding technology advances, general economic trends, political developments and legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Maintain expert knowledge, skills, and abilities in core areas by seeking out and participating in continuing education courses, seminars, and other learning opportunities
- Review appraisal findings and collaboratively create professional development plans with the Department Manager.
- Execute professional development plans.
- Participate in selected and designated training opportunities to ensure proficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of business services.
C. Client relationship building initiative.
- Identify, develop and systematically implement agreed upon services that enable the firm to remain on the forefront of customer service delivery.
- Collaborate with other department personnel by communicating effectively, offering expertise when requested and requesting professional input from other content experts as required.
- Remain current on “other” internal and external services offered by the firm to help clients achieve specific goals or satisfy particular needs.
- Implement firm procedures for identifying client opportunities and recommending “other” services.
D. Active engagement in continuous department improvement planning and execution.
- Initiate identification and communication of issues to keep management aware of opportunities for department and/or organizational improvement.
- Participate in department action planning with other personnel as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Execute continuous department improvement plans with fidelity.
- Continuously monitor annual action plan execution and report progress to the Operations Manager.
- Actively evaluate department plans with the Operations Manager and adapt plans flexibly through daily practice and periodic meetings or work sessions.
E. Compliance with all handbook policies and operational procedures.
F. Completion of other projects and duties assigned by the Write-Up Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
A. Education and Experience
Experience in accounting with a career history of accurately completing work and other assignments in a timely manner.
- Must possess a current and valid Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) with the Internal Revenue Service.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Customer Service. Demonstrated use of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making. Demonstrated ability to systematically consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions; critically analyze related variables; and logically apply reasoning when selecting goals and making plans.
- Communication. Demonstrated use of communication to understand and correctly interpret information and ideas presented through non-verbal, verbal and written modes as well as to convey information and ideas professionally to individuals and groups through presentation of words, actions, and documentation.
- Technology. Demonstrated use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite software, QB expertise, internet and other electronic means to gather and disseminate information; communicate with colleagues and customers; construct and revise Word and Excel documents; and store and retrieve data.
- Economics and Accounting. Demonstrated use of economic and accounting principles/practices, financial analysis and succinct reporting of financial data.
- Attendance. Demonstrated ability to consistently arrive to work on time and remain focused on task throughout the day without allowing distractions to interfere with completion of work